I agree. Of Intel's four processor 'pillars', one doesn't change any of the 6 CPUs in it. Once removes a single '2' from one logo. A third changes the two processors in it by adding 'Core 2' to the name. Only the fourth really changes much as it consolidates 5 names to 2 but all of the old and new still say 'Centrino'. I had no idea there were 5 different Centrino processors....

My thinkpad used to have a Pentium M I think but that label has long since worn down to simply 'M' Curiously both the Intel and Microsoft logos are mostly worn away by my left hand while the IBM ThinkPad logo under my right hand still looks factory new.

- Larry

Trevor Perry wrote:
If you read this just on the headline, it may look like an IBM rebrand. But
it is not.
Look much closer, and it is really not much of a rename at all. It is more
along the lines of IBM saying PowerPC was now Power6 PC or something. It is
very minor. IMO, it does not impact anyone but hardware builders.