Thanks Jim.

Actually, I'm fairly competent with SQL already. I use a good bit of
embedded SQL in RPG and use it a lot on the PC as well. Even made a few
stored procedures on the iSeries and called them from C# programs on the
PC.

We don't write a whole lot of new QRY/400 queries as a rule anymore, but
occasionally we need a quick and dirty printed report for which we don't
want to take the time to write a program.

I'll have to take a closer look at QMQRY. More tools in the old utility
belt the better.