Rob,

That's it exactly. Looks like I can't do what I thought. So much for
shortcuts.:-(

Thanx for all of your help and insight!!

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rob@xxxxxxxxx
10/01/2007 02:39 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: IFS and FTPing libraries

You did say libraries, not directories.
By IFS did you mean ftping from
/QSYS.LIB/AMFLIB.LIB/*
I really don't think that will maintain the attributes. For example
CREATE TABLE ROB/NICKY
(MYCHAR CHAR (15 ),
MYDEC DEC (7 , 2),
MYZONE NUMERIC (7 , 2))
Table NICKY created in ROB.
INSERT INTO ROB/NICKY VALUES('A', 1.2, 2.3)
1 rows inserted in NICKY in ROB.
INSERT INTO ROB/NICKY VALUES('B', 3.4, 4.5)
1 rows inserted in NICKY in ROB.

From my PC:
C:\Documents and Settings\ROB>ftp gdisys
Connected to gdisys.dekko-1.
220-QTCP at GDISYS.dekko-1.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
User (gdisys.dekko-1:(none)): rob
331 Enter password.
Password:
230 ROB logged on.
ftp> cd /qsys.lib/rob.lib
250-NAMEFMT set to 1.
250 "/QSYS.LIB/ROB.LIB" is current library.
ftp> bin
200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
ftp> get nicky.file
200 PORT subcommand request successful.
150 Retrieving member NICKY in file NICKY in library ROB.
226 File transfer completed successfully.
ftp: 52 bytes received in 0.08Seconds 0.67Kbytes/sec.

Back on the i5
drop table rob/nicky

Back in the same ftp session on my pc
ftp> put nicky.file
200 PORT subcommand request successful.
150 Sending file to member NICKY in file NICKY in library ROB.
226 File transfer completed successfully.
ftp: 52 bytes sent in 0.00Seconds 52000.00Kbytes/sec.

Back on the i5
select * from rob/nicky
NICKY
A * 0000230B * 0000450
******** End of data ********
Cannot show this data at the display station.

Notice, one big field?
Also notice, two records are now in one record? "A" and "B"?