Thanks Chuck!! Starting and ending the server fixed the problem.

Terry Anderson

message: 2
date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:20:29 -0500
from: CRPence <crp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: STRDBG command is slow to start on new i5

I recall a time when STRDBG had some strong desire to contact the
debug server, such that if the server was not active, the
command sat
waiting for a very long time. I have not encountered that
for ages, so
if it is an issue still on v5r4, I would expect that it was resolved
long ago by a PTF.

Hmmmm... after a little research, I see it was a side
effect of the
start debug *thinking* the debug server was active, when in
fact it is
not. The STRDBG will enqueue to the server if it appears to
be active
[inferred, by the existence of the data queue], and if so will then
request a dequeue with a wait time of 15 seconds.

Review the QTESDBGHUB job for QPGMR, and for existence of the
QTESDTAQ data queue in QGPL. If the queue exists, then
STRTCPSVR *DBG
followed by a short delay and then ENDTCPSVR; the queue
should no longer
exist. Otherwise if still an issue, review for any errors
in the joblog
of the QTESDBGHUB job. If user QPGMR is unable to act on
library QGPL
for this debug server job, for example create and delete the
*DTAQ, that
may be origin for problems.

4myRef kwd: 68LREX

Regards, Chuck