Jim,

We did this upgrade a while back. Followed the upgrade book and everything
went "pretty well". There is some pre-upgrade work, but it is all in that
book and the upgrade instructions (including the latest CUM). I wouldn't go
out of my way to search for other documents.

I say "pretty well" because I remember calling IBM because of a "stuck SRC".
I can't recall the details, but I think it was a "simple" power down to fix.
Can't recall if we could have prevented that one.

I'd use the catalog support if you have the room. It seems kind of strange
to upgrade a server from within the same server, but works well.

We did have to upgrade the console PC software before/during/after (serial
attached in our case). I think that one is in the book because we knew about
it before hand.

As usual, recreate any duplicate commands you might have used to change
defaults or to make shorthand commands. Had CRTRPGPGM not work so well after
an upgrade one time. Not a fun day for the programmers until we "discovered"
the changed command.

Good luck,
Mike Krebs