No offense Paul...

But have you worked a job site recently?

I don't recall seeing any recently where there wasn't power available all over the place.

From small generators, to big generators (particularly at those highway construction job sites since
they need light to work at night), to temporary electrical utility hook-ups.

Then add in all the vehicles with 110 volt outlets built in and finally all the vehicles with
cigarette lighters to power an inverter.

Lastly, laptops and PDA do have their own batteries.

Seems like it'd be pretty easy to put together a time station for everybody to "clock in" at along
with a PDA app the foreman could use to record the other data he needs to record.

Just my .02,

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Nelson
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:07 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Thin Clients

Take a ride over to the WTC site during the day, and tell me
if that would be conducive to your suggestions. Better yet, a
highway construction job, where there is no power at all.

A grader operator can work on 10 different cost codes during
the day. The foreman is responsible for recording all that
stuff, because that can result in several different pay
rates. Your suggestions are just not feasible in that kind of
environment. I know, because I have lived it. I have worked
as an equipment operator and as a foreman.

How do you think I lost my finger? :-))

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577