From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 2:40 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Critical Console Data save

Aarrgh.

Does anyone else have an issue with a long running save of their HMC's
Critical Console Data to DVD? I went thru this issue with IBM a while back
and they determined that our 24hour plus save was 'normal'. It has
something to do with which updates were loaded and date stamps, etc.... I
forget the details.

I had hoped to get our HMC upgraded from 5.2.1 to 6.1.2 this week, but I
forgot how long the backup to DVD takes and am pretty much out of luck for
the upgrade this week now. Blah. It's written about 350mb to the DVD and
has been running around 27 hours at this point. Guess I should have sent
it to another box instead.

Just curious if anyone else runs into this?