I am simply saying that the
environments to write for are less in number vs. having to retest your web
app with each browser on each OS. I still remember my first RPG CGI app
about seven years ago. It worked fine with IE on Windows and did
work fine
with IE on the Mac.

Aaron,

If that's the case you did something VERY wrong. The HTML validator is your
friend. If you're referring to issues with Javascript, yes, you have to
dumb down some things to the LCD but it's rare.

HTML is a pretty good standard. So if it's the browser that had issues with
WC3 validated web pages, you can only blame the browser (and thus tell them
to upgrade or forget it.. if they have problems with yours, they won't be
able to shop Amazon either).

Program for IE, test with Firefox. There you've covered 99% of your bases.
The only other issue you may have to worry about is handheld devices.... But
who really uses those to surf except to check the weather..

I'd much rather, personally, deal with different browsers than different
OS's.

Brad
www.bvstools.com