The CUME and Group images are different formats now. I believe the CUMEs are ISOs and the others are BIN. No problem if you are using image catalogs because that code recognizes both with no issues. However if you intend to burn to plastic then your writer software needs to understand both. The result though is that all the CUME images are exactly the same size save the last disk. This has been that way for some time now. So bottom line is 'no worries' (well you could worry that your connection will fail....)

- Larry

Joe Pluta wrote:
In preparation for my disk swap and upgrade tomorrow, I've been downloading
all the groups and hipers and cumes for V5R4. I'm down to eight hours left
(of about 60), and it's looking good. However, I did run into an
interesting issue.

My files look a little strange. I ordered everything: cumes, hipers,
groups, everything I could think of. It totaled 15 files at 8GB, and it
looks to be broken down into two distinct sets: the cume and the others.

The cume is six files, C7107540_1.bin through C7107540_6.bin, all exactly
675,840,000 bytes (basically full CDs), and then a text file. The others
are all marked S5299V01.BIN through S5299V07.BIN, of varying sizes from
about 350MB to nearly 660MB, and then a text file.
It seems strange to me that the cume is coming on all completely full ISO
images of exactly 675MB, while the groups are coming on varying sizes. Of
course, the naming is different so I can guess they're probably built by
slightly different processes, but I was wondering if anybody has come across
this?

Joe