LOL - Thank GOODNESS for that (mouth closed) Steve; would THAT have been
GROSS ! !

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Moland
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:04 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Checking the level of interest

<<date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:26:13 -0500
from: "Bradley V. Stone" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Checking the level of interest

<<<<< You didn't even touch on fixing/replacing a sewage pump for us
with septic systems... *shudder*

It's always comforting that in every trade there are things that you
just have to know least you learn the hard way.

It looked like a piece cake to do, so last summer I replaced the sewage
pump which pumps the "stuff" up a side hill 50 yards to a leaching
field.

Pleased with myself after tightening all the pipe connections, I took a
rake and reached down into the gray pool of yuk, found the float switch,
lifted it to start the pump. (It would have started itself if the water
level was higher.)

The good news is the pump worked perfectly.

The bad news is, if I had been a plumber, I would have know that there
would be a little 1/8 inch hole drilled in the discharge pipe which
servers as a relief (for the pump) if the larger pipe is clogged. Guess
which direction a powerful little jet of yuk got squirted. Quite
uncharacteristically for me I had my mouth closed.

Steve