If you want a graphical solution that costs you nothing extra, then use
the Management Central part of iSeries Navigator. You do NOT need any
iSeries Access licences to use this part of the product. Larry Bolhuis
just wrote an article on this in the July/August edition of iSeries 400
Experts Journal.
http://www.iseries400experts.com

However if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and management
detests graphical reports and insists on text based reporting then you may
want to look at 5722-PT1 Performance Tools. Won't tell you anything extra
that Management Central does but you'll feel better cutting the check to
IBM.

Performance Management for System i5, as noted at
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/pmsystemi5/
will, by default, send you a report, once a month. Perhaps some of you
get those letters from IBM stating that your system stopped sending
performance data, like I occasionally do.
There are other reports available, some come as a fee.

My boss uses Director Console more than me. Honestly, I've not played
with it much. Supposedly much of the stuff currently available within
Management Central will be available in Director Console. If you want one
stop shopping that gives you both the information you would see with
Management Central, along with the information you would see with Windows
Task Manager, based on what platform you are looking at - there you go.