On the System/38, there was R01M01. Any program objects that might have
been retranslated from the System/38 to AS/400 CISC that survived the
transition from R03M00 to V2R1M0, which were created at R01M01 on the
System/38 would now exist at V1R1M1.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

Keith Carpenter
<carpcon@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: To
midrange-l-bounce Midrange Systems Technical
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
08/25/2007 06:57
PM Subject
Re: OS Release dates since V3R7

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

CRPence wrote:
FWiW I am confident there was no V1R1M1, but that there was a R01M02,
which would retroactively be referred to as V1R1M2. And IIRC that was
the release that [was created specifically to] officially introduce the
5728-ST1 SQL/400 product. Admittedly, naming the first 'point release'
with 2 instead of 1 makes it confusing. Not any more confusing than
V3R0M5 which started with a modification level 5 _and_ additionally
introduced the first zero level release. :-)

Regards, Chuck

Chuck,

My mistake, you're correct, it was release 1.2

I found an old IBM document with the following info:

Release 1.2
...announced on June 21, 1988 with a planned availability of November
25, 1988,...

New for This Release:
IBM Structured Query Language/400 5728-ST1
IBM AS/400 Communications Utilities 5728-CM1
IBM AS/400 Pascal 5728-PS1
IBM AS/400 Cryptographic Support 5728-CR1

Keith