are you sure you are missing I_BASE_01??? i thought mine was missing as
well when i did the upgrade a couple of weeks ago...it was packaged with
some documents in cellophane...of course i assumed it would be with all
the other CDs....

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

Pete Helgren <Pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
08/22/2007 04:42 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
V5R4M0 upgrade - HMC as well?

I am helping a customer prep for a V5R4M0 upgrade from V5R3M0 on a 520.
They have an HMC and two i5/OS partitions. They have ordered and
received the i5/OS upgrade CD's (missing the I_BASE_01 CD as posted
earlier) but I think I am not done preparing, yet. I think I need to
upgrade the HMC as well and the FSP firmware, yes?

The "about" on the HMC shows:

V 4.0
Release 3.3
HMC Build level 20050114.1
MH00224

Fortunately, fix central has some information about HMC and software
levels and it looks like the first issue is what HMC level do I want to
upgrade to. I assume that I want to go to the latest level (V7 R3.1.0
?) Is there a downside to this? Is there something that requires that
I upgrade a version at a time?

With the HMC in the mix I am out of my comfort zone a bit. I just want
to make sure I include the HMC as part of this upgrade. Suggestions?
Resources?

Thanks,

Pete Helgren