Pete--

If you are already at V5M4R0, then upgrading to V5R4M5 is just slipping the
Lic. You will want to insure that you permanently apply all your PTFs prior
to this, and you should be on the latest Cume so that your version of i5/OS
has all the right PTFs to make it compatible with V5R4M5 of Lic.

After upgrading to V5R4M5, will the i5/OS version be V5R4M5, or will only the LIC version change to V5R4M5?

In other words, does "slipping the Lic" as you say above mean that only the LIC changes and nothing is different at the OS level?

Or does the function of the OS stay the same, but the version number advance?

Or is it perhaps something else that happens?

thanks in advance,

--Jerome Hughes
/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ */
/* Senior Developer, MKS Software, Inc. */
/* http://www.mks.com */
/* Membership & DB Director, The OMNI User */
/* http://omniuser.org */
/* webmaster, The Hideout */
/* http://hideoutchicago.com */
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. --Pablo Picasso

You will get V5M4M0 when you order the 525. You can get v5R4M5 after Sept
14 (I think that is the date). Remember, the hot spares only work with a
5786 (Exp-24 type of rack). You can't put a hot spare in a 5094 or 5074
type of tower.