You need to change the value in the Job Description for your Batch job for
message handling so that it uses the system Reply list.

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tomasz Skorza
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:27 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem with message description and tape initialization

Hi everyone

I have a problem with changing message description and tape initialization
(or rather only with initialization, message descr is deriveed unit :-) ).

When I do backup to blank, new tape - which is not initialized yet, I got
message CPA4060 in QSYSOPR queue.
When I enter manually answer INZ - tape will be initialized.

But I wanted to do it automatically.

Using WRKRPYLE I added:

Change Reply List Entry (CHGRPYLE)

Type choices, press Enter.

Sequence number . . . . . . . . > 25 1-9999

Message identifier . . . . . . . CPA4060 Character value, *SAME,
*ANY
Compare data:

Comparison data . . . . . . . *NONE

Message data start position . *SAME 1-999, *SAME, *NONE

Message reply . . . . . . . . . 'INZ'

Additional Parameters

Dump the sending job . . . . . . *YES *SAME, *NO, *YES

Coded character set ID . . . . . *SAME *JOB, *SAME, *HEX...

And now when I enter command interactively i.e. SAVOBJ OBJ(FILE1) LIB(LIB1)
DEV(TAP02) on command line - tape is really initialized automatically.
In qsysopr message I see:

Device TAP02 cannot process loaded volume. (C R INZ)
Reply . . : INZ

But when I the same command enter in CL program and this program run in
QBATCH system ... "don't see???" above answer/reply and waiting for operator
answer.

I changed also description for message CPA4060 in QCPFMSG file - and now
default reply is INZ
Default reply . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DFT INZ

But still the same problem - interactively - work, in batch - doesn't work
:-(

Have you any idea?

Regards and thanks for any answer.

Tomek