If you need the developer tools, sure, you have to pay. But you can still
run SQL without the developer tools.

Trevor

On 8/20/07 3:23 PM, "Sharon Wintermute" <SWintermute@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And you seem to forget that not every shop has SQL.
I never said it was a modern language, I simply said the cycle has its uses.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 2:21 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: RPG Cycle (was: RPG IV Certification)

Sharon,

You can do most of your cycle programs with one line of SQL. You should stop
comparing the cycle to anything else - it is not a modern language.

Trevor

On 8/20/07 3:16 PM, "Sharon Wintermute" <SWintermute@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You aren't the only teacher around. I have taught classes as well so I know
better.
As to languages, I know far more than just RPG so don't try to lecture me.

I can do in 3 lines in the cycle that takes more in non-cycle.

Try sticking to the old saying "if you can't say something nice, don't say
anything at all."

Sharon