About the only thing I could see using the cycle for is reports but who
writes reports in RPG? I haven't written one in years. Either use STRQM
or Crystal Reports or now SQL Server Reporting services.

At one time, in the 80's maybe RPG was a good report language but that
day is long gone. I write my data access as a Stored Procedure in RPGLE.
The report in gui. Gui report writer are far superior to using RPG.

We have been having a big battle in my shop because the programmers I
work with want to write everything RPG III style. We wanted to print a
form letter with an address. Guy spends two days writing an RPG program
to write the data to a file so he could use Formtastic on it. I just
defined the stored procedure to get the data and laid out the form and I
was done.

Sql Server Reporting Services is slick as hell and basically free with
Sql Server.

Any kind of report I need on the AS/400, I just write data to a file and
use STRQM to generate the report. With the new Web Query coming, that
may be going the way of the dinosaur, also.

This if it worked in 1985, it's the way to do it I keep hearing from
these guys in my shop really gets old.