From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Larry Bolhuis
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:54 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: RPG IV Certification

Don,

Why is the argument invalid? Certification clearly is but one variable
as you say, but if you have several things you use to qualify a
potential employee and they are all equal except one candidate holds a
certification and the other does not, why wouldn't the certified
candidate be preferred? Even if the other candidate could pass the test,
they did not take the initiative to do so and that right there says
something about them.

- Larry

Don wrote:
Trevor,

IFF a person certified or not is only ONE variable in a whole lot that are
used in a hiring decision. Cert alone is not a make or break point.
Never
has been. Never will be. And I think that's basically global... Ergo,
your
claim is invalid.

As for certification guides, once again, I would refer you to how the
pSeries people have taken this seriousely with not only a series of
redbooks
as cert guides(some of which probably need updating) but a whole track at
the pseries tech conferences that was a cert prep track...

EVER seen ANYthing like this in iSeries/AS400/etc space??? NAH.....

DR2