Von: midrange-l-bounces+hauser=sss-software.de@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+hauser=sss-software.de@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag
von Peter Dow (ML)
Gesendet: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 17:48
An: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Betreff: Re: AW: Handling null-capable fields withprogram-described
file--readingexternallydescribed using program defined layout

No I haven't tried that. How do you fetch a complete row into a single character field? I had the impression that the target of the FETCH had to match the fields from the SELECT, or at least be a data structure with subfields that matched the SELECT. Or am I misunderstanding what you're suggesting?

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

BirgittaHauser wrote:
Have you already tried to use embedded SQL?
And fetch the complete row into a long character field and move it after into the internally described data structure?