I think they would be built to where they have the requisites within the
Hiper, but not 100% sure.

rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent by:
midrange-l-bounce To
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx Midrange Systems Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
08/14/2007 10:28 cc
AM
Subject
RE: Order for PTFs (was Image
Please respond to Catalogue Question)
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

Pete,

Do hipers assume that you are at the latest cume? So if you try to apply
a "standard" hiper CD (versus one customized for your system) would it
possibly blow because of prereq's and coreq's?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Pete Massiello" <pmassiello-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
08/14/2007 10:07 AM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: Order for PTFs (was Image Catalogue Question)

I think this maybe like a religion type of answer, and everyone I am sure
has their preference. But here is mine with the reasons why.

First, I always go to the web and get SF98VRM (V=version, R=Release,
M=Mod)
to see if there is anything that is defective or any issues which I need
know about.

When applying PTF maintenance (not after an i5/OS upgrade) I always load
the
Hypers and Databases first, and then load the Cume. The Hypers and
Database
Group ptfs come out more often, and therefore will have PTFs that are more
current. Doing the Cume first means you will then load PTFs, which will
then be superseded when you load the more current PTFs (On the Hypers and
DB
Groups).

I always load the PTFs as delayed during the week, and then IPL over the
weekend.

JMHO,

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions