From: Pat Barber
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 9:25 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 6618 drives for model 270

Some folks have had luck using non-IBM drives but IBM
can and does change micro-code for disk controllers and
poooof...no more disk drives. I would not attempt such
a change for the very small saving.

Joe Pluta wrote:

Has anybody ever put a 6618 drive from BCC/eStorage into a model 270?
Specifically into the main case, not an expansion box.

Joe