Al,

As Paul and others said, the i5 will function at a relatively wide range (compared to humans) of temperatures.

Our COO gave us a directive last year to set our temp at 78-80. Personally, I like it there. Our "problem" wasn't the i5, though. The next morning, when I came in, the alarms on all of the UPS units (i5 and PC) were singing a mournful song. We had to cut the temp back down to 72 for them, not for the i5.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have expressed concern that I think the temperature in our computer room is excessive & may detract from life expectancy of our computer, which in turn will advance the date at which we have to pay exorbitant cost of moving our BPCS license to another box.

All I was asking for was an exhaust fan to suck the hot air, out of the computer room, where often the door is left shut because people not want to hear noise of printer. I think printer noise is barely noticeable.

I have been asked what is the maximum prudent temperature is Ok to run our AS/400 model 170, and what is its optimal temperature range. I used to know. I forgot where to look that up.

I think there's also a humidity factor, but I have not noticed that being opperessive.
-
Al Mac