Hi,

Just FYI, all information about the database and its objects is stored in
the physical files/tables QADB*.
But these tables are not accessible for everbody and should never be!
That's why IBM provided a couple of catalog views stored in the library
QSYS2.
This are views built over the QADB* fiels and are accessible for everybody.
When creating a schema/library with SQL catalog views will be created in the
new schema. These views will only contain information about the database
objects stored in this schema.

To find information about field/column names and the definition of these
fields, just use the view SYSCOLUMNS.
I this view you'll also find information about short (system) names and long
(SQL) names.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)