Combined responses to save on emails...

Does IBM still do the partner-program leases? Don't those include all
software for basically free? I would think you'd qualify.
Yes they do, and yes it is, and yes we do. :-)

On your config, take out the 1827 feature if you are not connecting your
UPS to the 515.
Good point. I will have that taken out.

And, your software maintenance is only for 1 year - you may want 3, unless
you plan to upgrade in 12 months.
Good point. Though I wonder how much I would make use of it on a dev
machine when I have a list like this :-) I would be more concerned about
Hardware maint which looks like I have to purchase separately if I want to
extend it past the manufactures warranties. (in the first paragraph of
PDF).

...and get as much memory as you can afford.
...If you are going to do either the web or java thing, add at least 1 more
GB of memory.
I don't run Websphere Application Server :-) Though I believe WAS Express
is used for the *ADMIN server on my 520 and I am impressed with the speed
that runs at (I have 2GB with no memory allocation performance tuning).
With that said I will be adding another stick to up it to 2GB.

You have to have at least 10 employees for IBM to even consider you for the
lease program.
Are you sure about that? I think you just have to be a current ISV Tools
vendor (which we had to prove/qualify for).

Thanks for everyone's responses! I don't know why it is so much fun buying
an i5 but it sure does juice me up! Wanna know something really funny? My
favorite thing to do once I am on a new/different machine is to compile a
program and see how fast it completes - maybe that puts me into true
geek-dom? :-) Guess I just enjoy computing power!

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com