To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 11:48 PM
Subject: RE: V5R4M5? was Re: 520 rack mount

You will get V5M4M0 when you order the 525. You can get v5R4M5 after Sept
14 (I think that is the date). Remember, the hot spares only work with a
5786 (Exp-24 type of rack). You can't put a hot spare in a 5094 or 5074
type of tower.

If you are already at V5M4R0, then upgrading to V5R4M5 is just slipping the
Lic. You will want to insure that you permanently apply all your PTFs prior
to this, and you should be on the latest Cume so that your version of i5/OS
has all the right PTFs to make it compatible with V5R4M5 of Lic.

Pete