<snip>
I've got a pretty long SQL statement that works in iSeries Navigator's
run SQL scripts, as well as in the 5250 STRSQL. However, it does not
work when compiled as a QMQRY. (We're using QM queries because we need
to pass a couple of parameters.)

Here are the messages I receive:

STRQMQRY QMQRY(IMDMDCMPQM) SETVAR((DMD_C 001486) (DMD_P 001487))
</snip>

I believe your problem is that the strings are not quoted. Here is some
CL that I use. This assumes that the fields in question are strings.

DCL VAR(&QUOTE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(1) VALUE('''')

STRQMQRY QMQRY(XV0001_Q01) OUTPUT(*PRINT) +
QMFORM(XV0001_Q01) DATETIME(*NO) +
PAGNBR(*NO) SETVAR((JOBNAM (&QUOTE || +
&JOBNAME || &QUOTE)) (USRNAM (&QUOTE || +
&USERNAME || &QUOTE)) (JOBNUM (&QUOTE || +
&JOBNUMBER || &QUOTE)) (SEVERITY (&QUOTE +