I'll look into that Prevent Copy function here (we're on Notes, too). I
don't want to get into the weird fonts, these are the people that have to
maintain this information....

I'm just going to create a separate program to handle the
Add/Change/Delete of the sensitive data and move the current data into a
new file where this data will be encrypted. All user access will be
logged, and I'll probably put headers/footers on reports that this data is
confidential. This will be least intrusive to the existing programs. It
will just be an additional function key to move from the current account
maintenance program to the program to handle the sensitive data.

I can't do anything to prevent copying via external means (phots, manual
copying), but I'd like to lock down the direct copy within the PC.
Currently we're using Client Access for our terminal emulation, I guess
some other terminal emulation programs might not honor some Client Access
protection function anyway.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express

rob@xxxxxxxxx
07/25/2007 02:53 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: How can I prevent PC screen print - for encryption

As others have pointed out, you can reduce this, but not eliminate it.

On a 5250 screen you can disable the Host Screen Print. We did this
decades ago to stop people from printing stuff that we wanted them to work

with current, online data.

Here's something else. In Domino I can flag an email as "Prevent
Copying". I had someone outside of Dekko, who also uses Notes, send me an

email this way through the internet. I couldn't forward the email or
nothing. Heck I could not even PrtSc and paste it into Word or anything
else. I don't know how Domino does that but it might be worth pursuing.
If you want I could try sending you one directly with that flag on if you
wanted to try something outside of Notes.

Another item. If your goal is to also reduce the possibility of screen
emulator automated products from getting this data off of a screen at a
time you can try the trick of using pixels instead of data. You know,
like those web sites that put some code on the screen in wavy format of
various sizes that you have to rekey in.