From: albartell

On the UI side, they've been working through their own internal warfare
and
I think they've finally settled into a single UI paradigm, and it's
largely
based on the Eclipse rich client.

Just wanted to understand where the Eclipse rich client reference is going
-
are you referring to EGL's thick client stuff being based on the RCP? I
read your article in ibmsystemsmag.com (I believe that's the mag) and was
intrigued by EGL's syntax - almost a nice in-between of Java and RPG.
Might
even make me want to try it out some day. What is EGL going to cost a
shop
per developer next year? Are we back to the $4k mark?

Actually, it's more than just EGL. The entire Domino platform has been
moved to the new UI paradigm, which supports both thin client and the
Eclipse thick client. I'm in the midst of learning all about that, so stay
tuned <grin>. But the IBM Workplace product line, which had been confusing
the issue for so long, is gone.

http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?.6b507ac5

EGL just happens to be a great way to get there. And while pricing hasn't
been announced, from talking to the Rational folks I get the feeling that
they understand that basic EGL support must cost less than $1000 for a
System i developer, or else it will be very difficult to get it into a shop.
You may even see a single developer seat included with 5722WDS (or one of
its pieces) but all that packaging is still up in the air.

The EGL article I wrote was indeed in IBM Systems Mag:

http://www.ibmsystemsmag.com/i5/april07/developer/12353p1.aspx

Joe