To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 8:13 PM
Subject: RE: New redpaper: i5/OS Program Conversion: Getting readyfor i5/OSV6R1

Oh yes... I certainly do. You'd be surprised how many on V4xx I sell too.
I know I am. :)

I would guess at least 20-30% are pre V5, another 30-40 are V5R1/2 and the
rest maybe V5R3/4. I would be willing to bet other ISVs that do support
lower OS versions would have similar numbers. Of course, if you only
support V5R1 and up, you probably won't have many V4 customers.

It was actually just earlier this year I bumped from V3R2 to V4R5. Only had
a couple issues (V4R2 that I just gave them old versions of my software, and
when they upgrade OS they can upgrade my software). So I may have beena
little over catious.

But, as you said, they probably don't want to spend 10k on the software so
they get it from me for a couple hundred. :)

This, my friends, is the reason when I write articles, books, etc, my code
is not free-format yet. lol! Everything I do is still fixed.

Bradley V. Stone
BVSTools - www.bvstools.com
eRPG SDK - www.erpgsdk.com