From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Diana Hicks
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 4:12 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Denying TCP connections based on IP

Charles and Larry,

Thanks to both of you for the information on the IP filter in Packet
Rules. I have researched the documentation in the link and in iNav
help. The sample filter statements seemed to have the primary
information that I need for the syntax. The only question I have is can
the SRCADDR = parameter have a value of 162.56.*.* to allow all IP
address that begin with 162.56 and therefore default to deny all other
addresses that do not begin with 162.56.

For example:
FILTER SET TestFilter ACTION = PERMIT DIRECTION = INBOUND SRCADDR =
162.56.*.* DSTADDR = * PROTOCOL = * DSTPORT =* SRCPORT = *

If you have any other recommendations for documentation on the syntax,
please let me know. Larry, I hope I don't need your rescue command but
I am really glad that you provided it just in case. Thanks again.

Diana Hicks
Town of Jupiter