Doug,

Here's an update I got from Zebra:

<update>

An update -

We think we've found the source of the issue. In the Wireless traces we can
see that the CRC values on some of the information in the SNMP request
packets are not correct (but keep in mind it's only part of the packet that
is incorrect). When our printer receives these packets it essentially get's
bogged down trying to make sense of the those incorrect CRC values - thus
the slow performance issue begins.

We're now looking at the Wired traces to see if the same issues exists there
(I suspect it does not). This means two things - most likely the AP on your
network is sending out packets with incorrect CRC values - and we need to
deal with that more gracefully in our product. Its pretty unlikely that we
can suggest a change to make to your AP's, and in fact these sorts of things
happen in networks sometimes.

In SNMP the normal method when receiving packets with this issue is to
respond to the SNMP information request for the part of the packet that is
"good" and to respond to the incorrect part with a "badValue" error. That's
what we're looking into right now. This will take a few days to do, please
understand we try to be very careful when making changes to our network
stack.

Thanks,

Leo

</update>

(My AP firmware is the latest version. They're Linksys WAP54G.)

Zebra is really attacking this issue as far as I can tell. I feel special.
<g>