I might consider Larry's offer. We had a disposal company present at
STATUS one time. Basically these people take old computers and work
something up, depending on what you want. Like totally sanitize the
disks. Then could have up to a 4 tier option: 1 - Reuse at your company,
2 - Offer to employees, 3 - Sell, (if possible), 4 - Dispose of properly.
They will tell you horror stories of companies who sold their computers
without the proper paperwork only to find themselves billed for cleanup
because the next person pitched it in a ditch somewhere. Then the serial
number got traced back to them. Or the horror story of the company who
got sued because one (probably now ex) employee got a free used computer
from work and published some confidential employee data that was left on
the drives.
We use one of these companies now. But after our experiences with the DNR
and EPA over Mt. Reclaimers we've gotten a bit leery.