We have 3 full time P/As in the shop. I'm using WDSC full time, one other
is writing code in WDSC, but debugging in green screen, and the oldest is
just dipping his feet in the water with WDSC. each of us have over 20
years experience on midrange systems.

WDSC was slow to start, especially in earlier versions. We're using WDSC
V7. It's quick to start up, and performs quickly, but there is a steep
learning curve if you're used to PDM. We also got new PCs, Dell Optiplex
740 with 2GB of RAM and high performance disk drives. These are better
performing PCs than are really necessary, but I'm not complaining. If you
want to trim the cost, drop down a bit on the CPU and disk RPM, but don't
skimp on RAM.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express
903-885-1283 ext. 479

DaleGindlesperger@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/20/2007 01:58 PM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: My first "viral" video

That "viral" was awesome! Brings back memories of when I was a
programmer..... and why I'm not one now.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=czWvC2xRnRo

Question, though, for this panel. How many of you are using WDSC and how
many are still using PDM/SEU? I can't get my programmers to move onto
WDSC, and it looks like it should be sweet! They say it's too slow and
cumbersome..... and they ARE very fast.

If I did more programming (which I sadly don't have time for), I'd be
doing
a more thorough shakedown myself.

Opinions, please?

Dale Gindlesperger