I have just spent the better part of a day futzing around with Scott's HTTPAPI, just to get it to compile on our V4R4 box.

Upon doing so, I've discovered that the SOAP-based examples all require either eXpat, or V5, or both. The web service this whole exercise has been about is SOAP-based.

Additionally, I find that EXAMPLE1 doesn't work. It blows up in something called "header_get_req_cookies," with an MCH1210 that, as I read the source code, simply should not happen. I've not yet attempted to run any other examples.

Have I just wasted the day?

----

Does anybody know anything about "IBM Web Services Client for C++" More specifically, does anybody here either have experience using the thing, and does anybody here know anything about minimum system requirements?

----

Please note that WE DO NOT HAVE DEVELOPMENT TOOLS ON OUR V5 BOX.

--
JHHL