Wow, sounds like fun - not. You definitely need a strong, rechargeable flash
light !

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 11:00 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Halon, water, etc.

When the safety inspectors come around, one of the things
they test is whether the emergency lighting works when there
is a power outage. However, for a long time our computer
room was like a closet office connected to another office,
connected to a hall way that had no emergency lights.

There were several power outages. I can see lights on
computer monitor due to UPS, but I am having a hard time
holding up the keyboard so I can see keys to use it at same
time.

To get out of building, I walk with my hand along the wall to
exit, except someone desk in the way, Ok, I got past that
without stubbing toe in dark, and now I am in the hallway
that has no lights, and I feel my way to the door that takes
me into another unlighted area, and a few more steps and I
can see the exit sign which is on with the power off.

That is the easy way out, when the problem is a simple power
outage ... another way out I either need key to front door,
or heavy duty chair to open a window.

I would not be surprised if the building is 100 years old.

We were ordered to evacuate the building when the people
digging up the street cut one of our two water lines. Whey
do we need two water lines? Well one is a spare in case of
fire melting water sprinkeler system