I've been converting files from DDS to SQL DML definition. I've done about
a half dozen so far without a hitch. What has been amazing to me is there
have been no level checks. (OTOH I guess that seems reasonable.)

No level checks until now at least. I'm trying my first file with *ISO date
fields. I can't do a straight CPYF into the new file because 3 fields are
said to have a new format. CPYF FMTOPT(*MAP) works. Application programs
also throw level checks. There are 3 date fields and, to prove that was the
issue, tried another file with 3 *ISO date fields. Same result.

A DSPFFD of the DDS and DML file objects shows the same from/to locations
for every field, and the date fields also show the same definition: *ISO
with CCSID 37. Is there something I can do so that the DML date fields
appear identical to the DDS? It sure was slick to be able to make these
changes without having to recompile application programs.

Thanks.