From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Smith, Mike
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 7:25 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sharing tape drive

My boss came to be with this idea today. I don't know if it is
possible, so I thought I would throw it out.
We have an 3581 Autoloader tape drive. We also have some old tape
drives for backups on our windows servers. He is concerned about these
older windows tape drives dying. So he had the thought of being able to
share the tape drive between the Iseries and the windows servers. Does
anyone know if this is possible? Pros-Cons of doing this if it is
possible. I've been searching this morning, but haven't found anything.
Is there is a link someone can point me to?