As it has been said, "Any publicity is good publicity." (Right, Paris?)

The basic problem here is perception. Windows has been through at least
as many iterations, 3.1, 95, NT, 98, ME, 2000, 2003, XP, etc. The
question is not whether AS/400e is a significant name change from
AS/400, or even whether that is "good" or "bad." The question is can WE
sell the technology we have to the companies WE work for?

The basic management mindset is NOT that no one knows what to call it,
it is that it is "too expensive" and that modern applications don't run
on it. It is our job to educate and show that all these applications
WILL run on todays System i. IBM's job is to make sure that they run
well. (A little marketing wouldn't hurt.)

The value of the System i is not that it runs 5250 RPG apps, it is that
it runs nearly everything available; safely, easily, more reliably and
with less management than any other server.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
System i Administrator
GuideOne Mutual Insurance Company