However, when you're looking at it from a marketing point of view, what are
you going
to call it? Search engines are _very_ important these days, and I'm quite sure
that Google doesn't know I mean "i5" when I search for "AS/400" so we have to
have both keywords on our ads and site. It's fine to say it's a i5, but the
problem is many people call it an AS/400 and therefore many more are forced to
do so. .....Want another example? Go to Dice and search for AS400 jobs... now
iSeries... now i5... now "System i" and check the result counts. -Walden

___Bingo! It's circular! "The loyal existing
customer/programmer/architect/vendor/decision-maker base" keep calling it an
AS/400, so we "have to" call it that. But we ARE the market!

BUT!--->>> We here want to GROW and GROW and GROW! that market to NEW customers
and programmers and decision-makers and vendors!<<<---

David had a point about IBM's confidence in the old name, and it is a point,
but I think their lousy marketing left a default idea out there. We have new
systems now, and they are way ahead of those old systems. The new ones have all
the strengths of the old ones, and lots more future potential.

We who knew and loved :) those old AS/400 machines, also now have the
opportunity to educate the public that this system/server is NOT your
granddaddy's "old" AS/400....

--Alan