Paul,

HPT can do color for BOX, LINE, and FONTS. Last experiment I did (V5R3
on an HP4640DTN), page segments and overlays can not contain color. I
haven't had time to try V5R4 yet.

Thanks.

Roger

On 6/6/2007 2:00 PM, Paul Tykodi wrote:
Hi Roger,

So far, IBM has not added AFP full colour support
(specifically IOCA FS45 command support) to Host Print
Transform. I'm not sure whether HPT can now support
spot color or not.

What definitely works with the Canon and Minolta
devices is either of the following options:

1. Convert *AFPDS to colour PDF file. Print the PDF
file.

2. Use some form of middleware or appliance to convert
full colour IPDS files to PCL 5C or PostScript.
Requires PSF/400.

All of the other items you outlined should work
correctly using HPT.

Best Regards,

/Paul

date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:53:42 -0500
from: "Roger Vicker, CCP" <rv-tech@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Cannon ImageRunner iR-C5180 or Minolta

bizhub >C450 with IC-402 experience?

Anyone have any current experience attaching a Cannon
ImageRunner iR-C5180i or a Minolta bizhub C450 via
CRTDEVPRT to a System i?

The IBM Tech Doc lists the Cannon as PJL=N but

SNMP=Y. >The Minolta has PJL as insufficient
information and >SNMP=Y. So it looks like both would
have to be >SYSDRVPGM(*IBMSNMPDRV ) on the CRTDEVPRT.

And before anyone suggests, I don't want to use
RMTOUTQ due to many other requirements.

Specifically I need to verify if I can use HPT and
*AFPDS print files to do various fonts, colors (they
both are color copiers), Duplex(*YES) (at the format
level not just file level), *PAGSEG, and *PAGOVL
without InfoPrint. I would like to confirm this

before >they haul a monster sized unit to the
boondocks and >then do an actual test from the System
i and

find out it misses on duplex or some such.

Thanks.

Roger Vicker, CCP

Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant
TCS - Tykodi Consulting Services LLC

Tel/Fax: 603-343-1820
Mobile: 603-866-0712
E-mail: ptykodi@xxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.tykodi.com

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit
the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/