From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 12:55 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Printer problems with overlays

Hi Wayne,

I have just tried that, to no avail. Same problem still. This is
starting to get frustrating.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wayne McAlpine <wayne.mcalpine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/05/07 05:56 AM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Printer problems with overlays

If you're using PCL5, make EDGE-TO-EDGE=ON. It's just a guess, but what

may be happening is that the positioning of the overlay may be thrown
off because it assumes that the units of measure are from the edge of
the page. Try changing it and see what happens.

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Wayne,

On the configuration menu, I have the PAGE=WHOLE , EDGE-EDGE=OFF.
This

is on the IPDS Menu, the PCL5 Menu has PAGESIZE=LETTER, EDGE-EDGE=OFF,

the
PCLXL Menu has EDGE-EDGE=OFF, and the PS Menu has EDGE-EDGE=ON.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wayne McAlpine <wayne.mcalpine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/04/07 04:51 PM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Printer problems with overlays

Go into configuration mode on the printer itself and step through the
menus until you find it. I don't have a manual for that printer.

Full-page mode prints edge-to-edge on the paper. The default is
normally to shrink the image slightly to avoid attempting to print in
the unprintable borders.

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Wayne,

Where would I find that info?

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wayne McAlpine <wayne.mcalpine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/04/07 04:29 PM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Printer problems with overlays

Is the printer hardware configuration set to full page mode?

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi John,

I just tried your change for changing the FIDELITY on the PRTF. Our

PRTFs
were set to *CONTENT and I changed it to *ABSOLUTE. Bad luck, same
thing.
No print.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"John Candidi" <jacandidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/04/07 02:53 PM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Printer problems with overlays

IIRC, had that problem once on an INFOPRINT40 and we changed the
form
content of the print from *content to *Absolute or the other way
around.
It
may be completely out of line but I think it actually worked. I
could
be
way
off base because it was a while ago