Rob, et al

I think the world realizes there's an order of magnitude difference between
S/38 and AS/400...which is why NOBODY calls the (system du jour) an S/38.
The data in the marketplace just doesn't give this comment line any
credibility...

However, considering that the market place and even still parts of IBM refer
to it as AS/400....well, I guess that's just reality.... One can either
chose to accept reality or not...

Ok, now I need to do some real work...I'm sure Trevor's blood pressure will
be up and he'll fire some missive back...but at the end of the day, THE
MARKETPLACE is what makes the decision...and THE MARKETPLACE knows of this
box as an AS/400 much more readily and with more fondness than any of the
ixxxx name change generations...clearly, THE MARKETPLACE has rejected the
renaming efforts. It would then be in IBM's best interest to do what
Microsoft, Sun, Kentucky Friend Chicken(perhaps we should call a chicken a
cow nowadays to make Trevor happy :), and MANY MANY other people have
done...NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THEIR CORE PRODUCT - DEVELOP AND MARKET IT...

Who was it that said "the client is always right!"??? Uh, Watson of IBM
maybe?

Don in DC

:)