Chuck,

Ah, the days of mirroring. We had a great system like that a LONG time ago
where I used to work. I think it was on a F series AS/400 of memory serves
and it saved our butts a couple of time.

In a previous life, we were at the time one of the first implementers of IBM's
MMS - that wonderful system where IBM charged you for two identical machines,
and used high speed comms to journal changes from one to the other. This was on
F series boxes too. Oh the number of times we had to do it manually via tape
because the two machines confused each other. The number of time we had to halt
the system A, save it (as a check-point) and restore it ASAP on system B before
the queued updates were so large we'd have to take another check-point save, or
worse hold up the users on system A until the restore on system B was up to
date! I think we only ever tested the fail-over to system B once - system A got
real confused when *it* started to receive updates...

I guess we've had our fair share of bad software on the System_i over the years
too...

--phil