To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: Printer problems with overlays

Any joy with this:

SYSDRVPGM(*IBMPJLDRV) ?

On 6/4/07, Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
MIchael,

Yup, tried that and same result.

The only reason I have it set up the way it is now, is because all of our
printers that are not *IPDS are set up that way.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Michael Ryan" <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>
06/04/07 11:16 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Printer problems with overlays

Have you tried changing

MFRTYPMDL(*HP5)

MFRTYPMDL(*INFOPRINT21) ?

On 6/4/07, Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have just recently replaced an HP LaserJet 2100TN with an IBM
InfoPrint
> 21 printer in our Shipping Dept. One of the main things printed on > this
> printer is the Bill Of Lading. This is a PRTF with an overlay in it.
>
> It worked fine in the past with the HP printer, but now with the
InfoPrint
> 21 it will "sometimes (5%)" print, and other times, "most of the
> time(95%)", the Printer will go to status "END". I have to stop/start
> the Print Writer a few times to get it to work again.
>
> I also have Sharp ARM 350 Copier/Printer set up there with the same
exact
> config, and it prints with no problems. That is where I am printing > the
> BOLs now.
>
> Normal PRTFs print OK.
>
> I have it configured as:
>
> DEVD MORSHPLAS1
> OPTION *BASIC
> *PRT
>
> DEVCLS *LAN
> TYPE 3812
> MODEL 1
> LANATTACH *IP
> PORT 9100
> ATTACH *DIRECT
> ONLINE *YES
> FONT
> 011
> *NONE
> FORMFEED *AUTOCUT
> SEPDRAWER *FILE
> SEPPGM *NONE
> PRTERRMSG *INFO
> MSGQ *CTLD
> QSYSOPR
> QSYS
> ACTTMR 170
> INACTTMR *SEC15
> LINESPEED 19200
> WORDLEN 8
> PARITY *NONE
> STOPBITS 1
> TRANSFORM *YES
> MFRTYPMDL *HP5
> PPRSRC1 *LETTER
> PPRSRC2 *LETTER
> ENVELOPE *NUMBER10
> ASCII899 *NO
> IMGCFG *NONE
> CHRID *SYSVAL
> RMTLOCNAME
> 192.168.10.17
> WSCST *NONE
> USRDFNOBJ *NONE
> *NONE
> USRDTATFM *NONE
> SYSDRVPGM *HPPJLDRV
>
> MORSHPLAS1
> QSPLJOB
> 733007
> TEXT Shipping Laser - IBM InfoPrint
>

> This is the same config as I had for the HP.
>
> Also, I tried setting it up as an *IPDS printer instead of a 3812. The
> printer never "ended", but the overlay moved up about 3 lines, so I
could
> not go that route.
>
> We are at V4R5. :-(
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciatted.