From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:58 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DASD upgrade and start Mirroring

FWiW a RCLSTG can *not* _correct_ 'physical' damage. Thus that
request can not resolve the condition of damage for the two objects
noted to have already been identified as damaged.

The two objects noted:
QSYS/QKRBGSS *SRVPGM 1 <- Kerboros
QSYS/QDPDD1P *FILE 1 <- Problem Determination (DSPF)

WRKOPTVOL and look for the display file (DSPF) in a directory like
the following: OPTFILE( '/Q5722SS1/Q5400024/Q00/Q90' ) to issue a RSTOBJ
from, after DLTF QSYS/QDPDD1P
The *SRVPGM I believe, after DLTSRVPGM QSYS/QKRBGSS, can be safely
restored from any system of the same release; or on v5r4, by load and
apply of PTF SI25838 which includes that object, if not already perm
applied.

Regards, Chuck
-- All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind
employer

Turnidge, Dave wrote:
Have you done RCLSTG yet. That may resolve your problem...

Steve wrote:
An option 21 save yields a message that some object are damaged. I've
restored the few damaged application objects that we created but there

are two qsys objects that are damaged and lower level info messages
during the opt 21 save say that the operating system "might" have to
be reloaded to get the damaged objects back. <<SNIP>>