On 5/31/07, Lukas Beeler <l.beeler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't had any killer issues with Vista - the only thing that IBM really
screwed up is iSeries Access, which still hasn't all kinks ironed out - but
it's typical for IBM to lag a year behind, technology wise.

what about printer support? HP has yet to supply a Vista printer
driver for my HP1012 printer. HP says to use another driver which
works ok, but does not support manually printing on both sides of the
page. I periodically check printers on newegg and while some support
Vista, the HP and other brands still dont.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category.aspx?Category=33&name=Printers-Cartridges

Support is always interesting, you get OEM support from Dell (which
is usually >severely limited). If you want direct support from
Microsoft, you can either go on a >case-by-case basis (150US$ for an
electronic support case), or you can buy a >support agreement. This is
a bit different from IBM where the software support is >included in
your SWMA.

if you are willing to email your questions there are a myriad of news
groups where MSFT MVPs will help you out for no charge. And if you
purchase an MSDN universal subscription ( $1000 ) you get 2 no charge
support incidents + guaranteed response on all your emailed questions.

-Steve