x'0D' is carriage return in both ASCII and EBCDIC. x'25' is EBCDIC for line feed - same as x'0A' in ASCII.

The underline and reverse image only applies to displays - if you were to have the script in a PF and use DSPPFM, you'd see the result of that value displayed. IIRC.

The file generated by this can be FTP'd to the iSeries - or put in the IFS and copied with CPYFRMSTMF or CPYFRMIMPF - one or another of these will strip the CRLF when going to a physical file.

HTH
Vern