Thanks Paul. I'm out today, but will do that first thing tomorrow.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Tykodi
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 9:09 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Printing confusion

Hi Don,

The System i Technical Support web site says to define an HP 2420d using
the Manufacturer Type and Model of *HP5si.

The *HP5si and *HP4000 entries use slightly different formats for
converting *AFPDS spool files to HP PCL 5e so you may get everything to
work correctly be changing the Manufacturer Type and Model in your
outque definition to *HP5si.

Best Regards,

/Paul

date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:34:38 -0500
from: "Don Cavaiani" <dcavaiani@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Printing confusion

I was able to set up an HP laserjet printer, which is connected to an
HP print server on our network, as a Remote System I printer. I was
able to get a
"normal"
System I print job to go to that printer. However, when I tried to send

a print job with an overlay to that printer, an error light appeared on

the HP printer.

The HP printer is a 2420d lasetjet, and is used the *HP4000 as the
"defined" printer. I'm not sure what I should have used instead? I
did use the Host print option. Is there something I need to have
running on the System I, or there is there another option I have
omitted?

Don

Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant