1 - If you do a DSPOBJD of all objects in QSPL do they add up to the
number on PRTDSKINF?
2 - After purging spool files, and then running RCLSPLSTG, did you run
RTVDSKINF before rerunning PRTDSKINF?
3 - A great way to look at ALL spool files is to use iNav. Then go into
View, Include and pick all spool files and sort by date.
4 - If you do a lot of SNDNETSPLF you can find you may have jobs, with the
same number and everything that are out there and continue EVEN OVER ANY
NUMBER OF IPL's. For example, back in the dark ages of twinax printers we
used to send spool files to a dummy user, that had a default printer
assigned, on a different system. We found out that we could do a WRKSPLF
for this dummy user and find this QPRTJOB. Then we would do a WRKJOB on
this QPRTJOB and notice thousands of spool files, most with a status of
FIN. We could IPL and do another SNDNETSPLF and that same job would just
increment the spool file number - thus "running" across IPLs. The only
way to reset the job is to end that job with SPLFILE(*YES) like
ENDJOB JOB(925335/ROB/QPRTJOB) OPTION(*IMMED) SPLFILE(*YES)
Only then will it start a new job for the next SNDNETSPLF.
Maybe it leaves the space consumed by FIN spool files until the job
ends???

Oh, we have a job that purges all spool files over x days old - no
exceptions.