Vern

From: Darrell A Martin <DMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings:

As we move from a 720 to our new i520, we are looking at the significant
number of commands whose default parameter values have been changed. The
former administration seems to have done a pretty good job of copying the
unchanged versions to a holding library, then modifying the original. (Or
so it looks.) However, "pretty good job" is the issue. We need to identify
the exceptions, if any.

Another fly in the ointment is that the method used previously is exactly
the opposite of the one recommended by IBM in the Information Center for
V5R2, at:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/cl/chgcmddf.htm

It means that our modified commands on the new box were overwritten by the
upgrade. (Note: BP's method was to load base V5R4 on the new box, restore
system backup of old V5R2 box to the new system, then upgrade the OS on
the new box -- not at all sure of the gory details.)

Is there a way to determine exactly which commands (V5R2 on old box) no
longer use the as-shipped default parameters? Links to online
documentation warmly received. Alternatively, just give me a search term
that can be used in the Information Center. As demonstrated, I tried RTFWP
first.

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin - 630-754-2141
Manager, Computer Operations
dmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary, and may only be used by the person to
whom this email is addressed. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or an authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If this e-mail has been delivered to you in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail
immediately.